Because of the rapidly changing environment, our Client has set its aim to become the most data & technology-driven airline in the world. Changing their way of working, modernizing their technology stack and architecture and the right positioning of people are key to achieving this ambition. They have organized their product teams around business processes, where together business and IT are end-to-end responsible for the digital products and services that support their operation.
They are looking for experienced Data Engineers. As a vital member of the cross-functional BI product team, their task will be serving diverse business units such as to join their Safety, Security, and Crisis Management team.Pozíció leírása / Job description
- supporting cloud migration in the first stage with focusing on Python/Scala/Java development related tasks using SPARK on a high level
- dealing with ETL processes
- creating data pipelines
- doing analyses and discovering the core problem in no-time
- explaining data engineering related issues in an understandable and clear way to stakeholders at every level of the organization
- preferably Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant fields (less important in light of work experience)
- at least 4 years of experience building production-grade data processing systems as a Data Engineer
- in-depth knowledge of:
- The Hadoop ecosystem.
- Building applications with Apache Spark; including Spark Streaming
- Columnar storage solutions like Apache HBase; including knowledge about data modelling for columnar storage
- experience with Event Streaming Platforms like Apache Kafka
- development on a cloud platform
- experience with 2 or more server-side programming languages, e.g. Scala (preferred), Python, Java, C++, etc.
- understanding of common algorithms and data structures
- experience with databases and SQL
- experience with conceptual, logical and physical data modelling
- Knowledge of continuous integration/continuous deployment techniques
- affinity with Machine Learning and/or Operations
- A challenging role at an unique Dutch company
- Competitive package
- Opportunities for personal development through training and education and wonderful career opportunities
- A comprehensive package of fringe benefits including large discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months).
Ildikó Mező-Mészáros - email@example.com
Petra Polákovits - firstname.lastname@example.org