Our international partner, who is within the top 5 life science companies in the world, is looking for a motivated VAT Financial Accountant colleague with fluent English.
If you like the idea of working as an VAT Accountant in the life science field, now is a great time to apply!Pozíció leírása / Job description
- Ensure timely filings of all periodic filings for VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales List for the jurisdictions that fall into the role’s responsibility.
- Actively use the PwC Edge tool and Dashboard to monitor the status of the preparation of VAT related filings, and follow up with PwC on any potential delays. Work with PwC to rectify the cause of any delays to avoid late filings.
- Prepare and document proper working papers to support the review of VAT returns and related filings.
- Support the extraction of data and preparation of intrastat reports, where automation is no available.
- Prepare the monthly and/or quarterly balance sheet reconciliations for the VAT GL accounts.
- Prepare annual VAT reconciliations for manager review, and to support year-end statutory audits. Prepare and post any VAT related journals in to SAP accordingly.
- Initiate and prepare regular VAT and other VAT related tax payments for manager approval.
- Make recommendations on how to improve current processes and create efficiencies. Collaborate with other departments in the organisation to refine current processes and drive further efficiencies.
- Support the US GAAP (Group) audits and local statutory audits by providing timely responses to any audit questions and requests.
- Keep up to date with regulations in the area of VAT, Intrastat and ESL and ensure SAP is at all times up to date with VAT rates and other regulatory and compliance aspects.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting or Tax and/or professional qualification
- Preferably 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Good knowledge of Indirect Tax in EMEA or some of its jurisdictions.
- The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player with ability to work flexibly in an ever-changing work environment with good excel skills.
- Proven track record of identifying and remediating problems and solving issues.
- Working knowledge of and strong experience working with SAP and strong Excel skills.
- Good written and verbal English language skills essential.
- A dynamic environment where your innovative ideas are always welcome
- A collaborative community where your professional goals and work are supported by encouraging supervisors
- Competitive salary and cafeteria
- Annual bonus
- Private Health Care Services – unlimited examinations, checkups in numerous specialties free of charge
- Life and accident insurance
- Employee Referral Program with remarkable referral bonus
- Hybrid working model
For further information please do not hesitate to reach out: